- All cars sold with a drive must be finalized within one hour (60 min.).
- All titles submitted by seller must be in seller’s name.
- All information on titles and reassignments must be completed by selling dealer, INCLUDING BLANKS FOR ODOMETER READINGS.
- All titles and ownership papers on sold cars must be processed through the office.
- When “title attached” is not announced on the block, the buyer has the right to reject the car.
- If there is a title clerical error or incomplete documentation, the Auction shall be given reasonable time after receiving notice to have error corrected.
- The auction is not responsible for mailed titles that are not received.
- No vehicle will be offered for sale without a VIN plate. The auction reserves the right to refuse the sale of any vehicle on which the vehicle identification plate appears marred or in any way altered.
- All cars purchased and/or sold on the premises must be paid for through the office.
- All salvage, flood, and gray market vehicles must be sold under the yellow light and such conditions must be announced.
- All units sold under the red light or announced “AS-IS” must be paid for immediately. No driving privileges.
- Outside or off block sales must be consummated through the auction and all sales will be “AS-IS”.
- The AUCTION does not guarantee the year of any house trailer, motor home, boat, boat motor, antique, dune buggy, motorcycle, or reconstructed vehicle.
- All complaints must be submitted to arbitration within one (1) hour of purchase.
- Speed limit is 15 mph on customer and sale lot. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- All vehicles left on auction grounds are at owner’s risk. The auction is not liable for damage or theft.
- Any vehicle left on the premises over 30 days is subjected to be towed at owner’s expense.
- No vehicle will be sold without a title.
- All vehicles sold as an if bid:
• Seller has one hour to accept or counter offer to buyer.
• Buyer has the right to decline purchase of vehicle after one hour if seller has not approved.
AUCTION MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND OR REVOKE DEALER PRIVILEGES AT ANY TIME. THE DECISION OF THE AUCTION MANAGEMENT SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL DISPUTES.
SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION (Unless announced)
NOT SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION
DEALERS ONLY SALE
AS – IS
GREEN LIGHT – WITH DRIVE
Dealer is selling a mechanically sound vehicle with a drive. Vehicle mechanically sound up to $1000.00.
YELLOW LIGHT – DEFECT
Selling dealer must announce any item subject to arbitration.
BLUE LIGHT – TITLE ATTACHED
Assignable title does not accompany vehicle. The auction must receive title within 21 consecutive days from day of sale.BUYER IS CAUTIONED NOT TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON UNIT AND NOT TO SELL UNIT UNTIL TITLE IS RECEIVED. THE AUCTION MUST BE NOTIFIED TWENTYFOUR (24) HOURS PRIOR TO THE RETURN OF THE UNIT FOR FAILURE TO RECEIVE TITLE.
RED LIGHT – AS-IS
These units cannot be rejected (subject to proper announcement).
Seller must announce: (1) Mileage stated is in excess of its mechanical limits. (2) Odometer reading is not the actual mileage.ANY IRREGULARITY IN ODOMETER READINGS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF AUCTION MANAGEMENT ON THE DAY OF SALE. CAPITAL AUTO AUCTION ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY NOR GUARANTEES ACCURACY OF ODOMETER READING. BUYERS WATCH LIGHTS AND LISTEN TO ANNOUNCED CONDITIONS.
Please examine cars before bidding and be familiar with all announced conditions of unit.
All vehicles must be paid for within ninety (90) minutes of purchase. Any vehicle not paid for the day of the sale is subject to a late fee.